We are on a search for an experienced Account Executive to lead our expansion in biotech and pharma. The ideal candidate brings a successful track record of selling complex enterprise software into new medium size and large pharma accounts while building lasting relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders. The Account Executive will be the “quarterback”, the overall account leader, leading all aspects of the sales process including target account research, lead management, needs assessment and qualification, business case creation, evaluation, scoping, close and ongoing account management. You will identify account needs and make sure clients view Code Ocean as their best choice to meet those needs. You are creative and energetic and you enjoy collaborating with others to get a deal done.
About Code Ocean
Code Ocean is shaping the future of computational research.
We’re a passionate group of people who care about advancing computational research and science.
Our mission is to make computational research an open, connected community that together drives faster, more collaborative, higher quality discoveries.
We are fortunate to have amazing customers including Sema4, CytoReason, Dragonfly Therapeutics, and many others who are successfully creating, organizing, and sharing higher quality discoveries every day with our leading Computational Research Platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and lead Code Ocean’s relationship with prospective and existing customers, achieving revenue goals, from new logos and expansions
- Own deal cycles from Sales Qualified Leads (delivered to you from marketing activities or developed through your own prospecting efforts) to close by navigating a wide range of B2B customer stakeholders
- Develop effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and growth
- Sell complex enterprise software with multiple decision makers, navigating a nuanced sales motion
- Identify and close quick, small wins while managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Collaborate with internal partners such as Sales Engineers, Marketing, Product and Customer Success to address prospects needs and ensure wins
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Oversee all commercial activities within accounts. Work collaboratively with Customer Success to Create and maintain actionable account plans to identify new business opportunities and meet financial targets
- Travel to customer locations as needed to support sales efforts
Our ideal candidate
- 5+ years of full-cycle sales experience which includes selling a B2B technical software into enterprise accounts; track record of exceeding sales quotas;
- Prior success in big data, Cloud SaaS, data science, or biopharma sales is a plus
- Highly comfortable influencing and building consensus across a wide range of stakeholders with extraordinary presentation and interpersonal skills
- Success closing net new accounts while maintaining relationships with existing accounts
- B.S. in life science, chemistry or business or equivalent experience
- Team player, self-motivated, and flexible
- Comfortable in a startup environment that moves and adapts quickly; comfortable in a direct culture
- Formal training in enterprise sales methodologies
Not sure if you fit this description?
We are always looking for great talent and pride ourselves on being open-minded. We would love to hear from you.